Monday, March 14, 2005

Sweet Vengance

The lengths that people will go to in order to protect their pride astound me.

The other day at work I delivered to man who upon answering the door jerked the pizza out of my hand and hastily tried to shut the door. I stopped him before he could and informed him that I needed to see his credit card. Agast with annoyance, he went and got his card. He held it out to me in his hand refusing to let it go. I told him that I needed to make an impression of it. At this point, he exclaimed "Why the hell do you need an impression of it? They took my number over the phone". I told him, "We need to take an impression of the card to make sure the person on the phone is the actual owner of the card; it's just our policy." He responds, "That's bullshit, you don't need my goddamn card, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of" I say, "Sir, it's a measure we take so that-" He cuts me off with "No! That's All!" He walks back into his house part of the way and screams "Trying to make an impression of a credit card with a nickel!!!! What a fucking MORON!!!".

Upon returning to the store, one of my bosses called the man back and tried to explain to him what I was unable to. His conversation with him was worse than mine apparently. The man claimed I was drunk and high and thought that we were trying to steal his credit card information. As I said, the conversation didn't seem to go well. The man called the company the next day to complain, and his version of events were much, much different.

According to him: HE called back after I made the delivery. That I told him that if I wanted to steal his fucking card that I would have already.

In all probability, the card number he gave us wasn't his own card and that's why he wouldn't let me make an impression or sign the receipt.

People.

No comments:

Post a Comment