Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Shut Up

When I go to the gas pump, it's typically to buy gas, not to have a conversation with you over the P.A. welcoming me to your particular armpit station, so shut up.

When I go to a restaurant it's typically to order and eat food, not to learn the world history of everything on your menu and hear about how delicious it all is, so shut up.

When I go to the U-Scan at the grocery store, it's usually so I don't have to listen to the cashier tell me some meaningless story about how she also likes this particular brand of cottage cheese. I don't want to hear the U-Scan machine talk at me about what a wonderful store it is and how my business is appreciated and how I should now take these money saving coupons and how I should watch the latest episode of Grey's Anatomy.......so shut up.

1 comment:

  1. When I stop at a convenience store to get a snack but don't know what I want right away, I'd appreciate it if the clerk would let me browse in peace rather than following me around and recommending every crap piece of chocolate on sale. Just shut up!

    ReplyDelete