Monday, May 09, 2016

"Neckbeard"

http://everydayfeminism.com/2016/02/neckbeard-cartoon/

This is interesting, especially in light of my comment yesterday about not wanting to be lumped in with a certain kind of atheist stereotype and also what it says about autistics. I think one of my biggest fears about having a set of philosophies and worldviews that don't conform to a particular mold or political party is that if I say one thing, people assume it means that I also believe a bunch of other stuff too. People love to think in stereotypes, it's easier that way. By the way I'm not overweight, I do not live in my mother's basement, I have a job, and I have been known to date on occasion (I was even married at one point). I'm also an atheist with a form of autism who is very much a loner. I am not defending misogynists here, rather agreeing that they don't fit into some mold or stereotype. Hateful assholes come from all walks of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment