Thursday, July 19, 2007

The Freak Out

I've been having a week long freak out and I think it's finally coming to a close. I've been freaking because I've been thinking that I'm royally financially fucked, and that we're never going to be able to afford anything. I just did what I should have done a week ago, which was add up all my outgoing expenses, and I'm not nearly as royally fucked as I thought I was. Turns out, I've got a little extra money that I can save. I was already doing this, saving money I mean, but for some reason I got it in my head that I wasn't nearly making enough money to save anything. I was putting money in the bank, it was being saved, and yet I ignored that fact.

Last night when I came home I wanted a drink of the alchaholic variety and I started to worry that I couldn't afford to ever have a drink ever again in my life. I don't even drink that much. I have one or two drinks a week, if that. I've been known to go 2 or 3 weeks at a time without even so much as a beer and yet I was worried that I couldn't afford to have a screwdriver. I tallied up the cost of that drink in my head and it came to about $1. Even that estimate is prabably a little high. 1 shot of Vodka and 1/8 carton of OJ that cost $1.99.

This isn't to say that I'm now relaxing about all of this. I still need to be making a bit more money to afford a new place. I still need a new job and I'm still applying. I still want to go back to school or at the very least get my MCSE certificate. I think I'm going to shoot for the later first, I just don't have the time to go school right now. Also, I don't want to incur any more debt at the moment.

Relax Trevor, smell the roses, and have a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment